Plumbing: will this work?

Hi all,

Is it kosher to insert the finned end of this pan connector:

into the spigot end of one of these:

And expect a good seal. And if it is, should one leave the 'o' ring of the latter in place, or remove it prior to the insertion of the finned bit?

cheers,

cd.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I'd expect to put an offcut of pipe into the socket first.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In message , Cursitor Doom writes

Oh, those links came out a mess, ebay links can easily just be shortened to just the item ID number

one of these:

into one of these

I'm a bit confused, I take spigot to mean the plain end of the Soil Street Bend, and yes the pan connector would fit into that ok.

But that will have no o ring.

If you instead mean the socket end, then no, I wouldn't be confident of getting a good seal (though I've never actually tried, maybe you would get away with it). I would (in fact I did when I had a similar situation) cut a short length of soil pipe to go inside the socket first to make it the correct ID, and then insert the pan connector into that

Reply to
Chris French

Reply to
Roger Mills

The spigot is the "male" end, not the "female" end (with the socket and seal.) The spigot end is the same size as the pipe (110mm) The pan connector is intended to fit inside the spigot end. If you want to fit it into the socket end you will have to fit a bit of pipe into it in order to bring it down to the correct size.

Reply to
harryagain

The advert description for the elbow was wrong, then. That's where I got the application of the term from. Anyway, this shrouded soil exit feature, designed to make the new bog look more modern and easier to clean is proving a bit of a pain in the arse to install. One it's up against the wall there's no way of getting enough access to 'tuck in' the fins or ensure the exit pipe has entered the 'wall hole' square on. :(

Reply to
Cursitor Doom