Plastic waste pipe

Have just fitted a new sink and have replaced the waste pipe. It's the usual white plastic stuff. The problem is that the rest of the outside pipework is black. Can I paint this plastic pipe? If so any particular type of paint to use or avoid?

Thanks in advance

JC

Reply to
Bald eagle

Yes.

I clean and lightly sand the pipe first, then I use oil-based gloss paint. It seems to adhere especially well to the pipe material and lasts for years.

I'm sure others will have differing ideas ...

Reply to
Bruce

I painted all the exterior waste pipes with black gloss. Seems to work fine.

Reply to
Huge

Oil based - without any undercoat - seems to work pretty well.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for the replies. Bog standard oil based gloss seems unanimous.

JC

Reply to
Bald eagle