Plastering on plaster

Further to my bath installation problem, The Natural Philosopher suggested one solution of adding a layer of plaster. So what is the best way of doing this, I may need to plaster over virgin new plaster. Do I need to score the existing plaster, would I be best using finishing or base coat plaster?

TIA

Reply to
Broadback

Seal the previous coat with 5:1 PVA mix, let go off, apply another coat of

3:1 PVA, wait until tacky about 30 min and skim with multi finish.
Reply to
Dave Jones