Plaster walls help

After removing old tiles from my shower, a fair bit of plaster came away exposing the cement walls. I am going to re-plaster the shower before putting on new tiles. Do I need to seal (size) the new palster before putting on waterproof tile adhesive. What should I use if sealing is necessary. TIA

Reply to
ripper

A coating of watered down PVA glue is a good plaster sealant for new plaster. Make your mix around half and half water to PVA glue and paint it on quite thick. It'll dry and almost disappear into the plaster. Once you apply your tiles the glue is reactivated and helps to hold everything on the wall a bit better. It's also a good idea to apply the same mixture to the bare walls before applying your new plaster to help it get a better grip as well.

Reply to
BigWallop

Or you could cut back and put in some Aquapanel. Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds