Planing a door

It says it is 75 mm on the page (hover over the picture, IIRC). :-)

Yes George - the rest is guesswork. I did openly declare that it is based on looks. I have used generic rising butt hinges in the past - not those from Screwfix.

AND I typed the wrong numbers!! I meant at 180 deg. rise = 20mm, at 90 deg. rise = 10mm.

But deep down I was trying to explain how Sam could judge for herself if she is in a shop looking at such hinges. And that the rise is totally dependent on how open the door is.

Reply to
Rod

You will get some rubbing initially, but it should have risen above the pile when it is part-way open and be completely clear when 90degrees.

Don't forget that they will typically require the removal of the top corner of the door - the last part of the door to leave the frame. As the door opens it rises so closing the gap between door and frame at the top. When it is half open, the gap has gone and hence the need to chamfer the top inner corner on the hinge side.

Reply to
John Weston

Nope,doesn't say it here as nothing happens.

Reply to
George

Actually I see "Butt Hinge C/wise 75mm Pk2" in IE7 - but nothing in Firefox.

Reply to
Rod

What are you taking? its exactly the same layout as it is in both browsers. lol

Reply to
George

But I get a tooltip text box appear in IE showing the alternative text for the image. The page does look pretty much identical nin either browser.

Go to Firefox. Use View > Page Source. You can then see:

img class="LargeProductImage" name="LargeProdImage" width="200" height="200" src="/sfd/i/cat/59/p1376759_l.jpg" alt="Butt Hinge C/wise 75mm Pk2" />

Reply to
Rod

/takes shovel off Rod.

Reply to
George

Only non-standard browsers pop up "alt" text. A W3C compliant browser only pops up "title" text. "alt" is reserved for a textual description of the image and is shown when the image doesn't load, for those that have images turned off or to aid those using a screen reader.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice