plain picture rail

Anyone know where I can get some "plain" picture rail from - i.e. not ogee, nova scotia (!) or whatever else the various profiles are called. I have to match existing, which is more or less triangular section with a flattened section near the top. They all seem to be about the right size, but I cannot find any without a moulding on it ! If not, I'll have to fill in the moulding with papier mache'. Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Guess what! routers were made for this type of work.

Reply to
George

Take a sample to a wood shop with a spindle cutter and get as much as you'll ever need made (the setting up is expensive and it's then cheap per metre)

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Guess what, I bet you've never tried it

Reply to
stuart noble

Guess what I have. :-P I have made all manner of picture rail/dado/architrave for people who were willing to pay.

Some time ago someone asked me to make them some architrave, I looked in B&Q at the door victorian architrave prices somewhere around £22/24. I charged them £15 a door and they wanted picture rail to match at £12 per

2mtrs. :-) that'll do nicely
Reply to
George

Cutters were bought from this seller.

George

Could you not cut this on a table saw? Possibly even a hand held circular saw.

Reply to
John Rumm