pipe vibration after upstairs toilet flush

In the morning after the upstairs toilet is flushed i get a loud vibration noise in the pipes. Any ideas on what it could be.

Thanks

Reply to
jezza

Change the washer in the cistern mains valve.

Reply to
EricP

I it one of them new fangled Torbek thingys? I've twice found them to be the cause of vibration in pipes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Waterhammer. Clamping and lagging the pipes sometimes helps. Replacing the rubber washer in the fill valve sometimes does it. The one thing that always fixes it is turning down the flow rate a bit. Damn loud isnt it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222