PING PONG BALLS

Wife is a scouter and wants to get approximately 50 ping pong balls for Halloween. I don't think they have to bounce. Any ideas? They are 50 pence each in the shops.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Ebay?

Peter Watson

Looks good :-)

Just found out that they are for the children to make eye balls out of. So they only have to be round and not have to bounce.

cheaper ones. I am talking Scouts here and they don't have a lot of cash to spend. They are more expensive that the ones we saw today.

Reply to
Dave

get a bucket of sheeps eyeballs from the butchers.

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

Our local authority runs a 'resources centre' that sells card, paper, plastic scissors and all sorts of odd materials for schools and playgroups (though they'll sell to anyone). You can't guarantee them having what you are looking for, but you might strike lucky. You could also try craft shops as they sell polystyrene balls in various suzes.

Reply to
OG

In message , Dave writes

That's some big beer mug ...

Reply to
geoff

Thought maybe your wife had a party trick !!!

Will they be easy to cut in half ....will the edges be sharp . Elf 'n Safety Roolz remember

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

poundshop.

12 for £1. :)
Reply to
mogga

Polystyrene "packing peanuts" any good? If so probably many local shops would be glad to dispose of them in your direction.

Reply to
Lino expert

I had to laugh at that as well.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

That wouldn't surprise me ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Wife works for the local council and she drew a blank with that source. The arts and craft shops have shrunk down to one in this area (Preston, Lancs.) so no joy there either.

She has eventually found some at a cheap price, so all is well now.

Many thanks for your replies all.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I think that was where she got them today. Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave