Pine left out in rain

Hi all. I've left a B&Q door frame set outside in the rain for 2months. Will it dry quickly?...no harm done?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

Miracles are said to happen but I doubt it in this case lol

Reply to
EricP

No, it will take 2 months to dry to where it was, more or less.

Just screw it down hard, and expect significant shrinkage.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Rearrange the following words...............

Skip, Frame, In, Throw..............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh. not at all.

Assumings its an interior type, it is still usable.

Pretty much all woodwork in this place, has moved significantly since it was built..its what wood does as it adapts to long term conditions.

You just wait till it stabilises and redecorate..with lots of caulk and filler :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Still got the receipt?

Reply to
Peter Lynch

It's B&Q pine man!

It will resemble WWI aeroplane props when it drys. :))

Reply to
EricP

What's a B&Q pine man?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

bring it in, let it dry at least a month and see how it goes. Sometimes one gets away with it. Some types of warp can be countered when fitting with screws.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , EricP writes

It's probably sprouting fresh growth by now!

Reply to
Steven Briggs

Mass produced version of the west-country Wicker (willow) man

PeTe33

Is it like a wicker man only more fireproof?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I've often thought, that if I wanted to make a longbow B&Q stock timber already bent to shape :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well, sell it on Ebay then. THEY go for several grand apiece..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

B&Q burns quite well, at least it did in Hull (Sept '87).

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

Did you know, that at that time, no one in Buy and spew management had considered that one of their stores could burn as fast as it did?

What else is a shed load of oil based pants, brush cleaner and various solvent based finishes going to do, but burn?

Block and Quaid slipped up on that one before they sold out.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Ian't that Block & Quayle?