Pikey warning

I think that the bold text says it all

ARWadsworth

Shouldn't that read "...will no longer be an employee of this organisation if I get to hear about it"

Reply to
Graham.

inconveniently parked cars so please do not give them your absent neighbour's keys"

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Though I found the bunch replacing gas-mains very accomodating when I needed half a barrow-load to make good where a new garden wall joined the pavement. They even lent me the barrow.

Perhaps offering them a coffee helped.

Reply to
Skipweasel

In article , Skipweasel writes

Sounds like you have a talent for the right form of approach.

When I was looking for a little JCB work and the uplift of some soil/rubble waste by an atlas grab equipped truck I have done well by flagging down a passing driver. They seem to be on the look out for extra curricular work and get the gist straight away from a simple wave over to the kerb.

The JCB driver refused a sandwich at lunchtime as he still had half a bottle of Irn Bru to keep him going to tea time.

Reply to
fred

Tea/coffee and a biccie - the universal lubricant of commerce with builders.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Bloody pikeys cost me a job last week. Restaurant in the town centre, no on street parling for miles, public car park 50 yds away - with height barriers to stop pikeys camping there.

Height barriers stopped me as well.

Grrrr!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is quite amazing the work that a JCB driver can do on his way home from work, if you approach him in the correct manner.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , fred writes

Not so easy when you live in a cul-de-sac.

Reply to
hugh

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Medway Handyman saying something like:

They're a common sight around here. They've usually got a padlocked bar

- a phone call to the Council or whoever will let you in, surely.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not with our parking control people, unhelpful gits.

And don't call me Surely :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman