Electrician's Guide to the Building Regulations - 2nd Edition

Hi all

Does anyone have a copy of the latest version of the above please? I believe the 2nd Edition is the latest but stand to be corrected.

I am particularly interested to know if the 15kw advisory cooker rating is still included.

I have a copy of the first edition printed 2006 - on page 51 under section

4.4 Cooker circuits in household and similar premises, the following statement is made: "A 30 or 32A circuit is usually appropriate for household or similar cookers of rating upto 15Kw." Does anyone have the 2nd edition to be able to confirm whether that statement is still included in the text please? Ideally, if it is, a scan of the page would be great. I know that's asking a lot on a Sunday night (but just in case the address is pscull-at-europacrown-dot-com replace -at- & -dot-).

This will help with (diplomatic) discussions with BCO over cable and breaker sizes.

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

It is just the same guidance as given in the 2008 17th edition OSG and the

16th edition 2001 OSG.

I can scan both if you want.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Here they are

ARWadsworth

"ARWadsworth" wrote

Thanks Adam But the version of the above book I have doesn't seem to justify the 15 Kw figure. In the OSG I have for the 16th, reference is made to Table 1A of appendix 1 where "assumed current demand" values are listed. The formula [first 10A +

30% remainder) appears in this table, but I haven't seenany of this in the Electrician's guide - have I missed it?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Page 85 of the Blue 16th Edition OSG. Table 1A. Now read to the BCO what it says under TABLE 1A.

It is in bold print.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"ARWadsworth"

Yes I found it in the OSG - thanks for the 17th Ed scan that could prove useful. The fact is I think he is using the Elkectrician's guide only, which doesn't elaborate on the 15Kw statement (ie the tables and formula are not given). I reckon I've got enough info to convince him now though.

Thanks again Adam

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Table 1A

ARWadsworth

Same basic words are used in both publications it seems - only the OSG makes reference to the Table 1 diversity figures.

The content of the table is summarised here:

I reckon I've got enough info to convince him now though.

If not, set Adam on him!

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup, and yup.

You have mail...

Reply to
John Rumm

I am more than happy to meet the BCO and ask him for an explanation.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It may be worth noting that the NICEIC also apply diversity

2 pages.

Reply to
ARWadsworth