Peugeot 207, 2009 Diesel

Hi, My daughter has an old 207 and it has a central locking issue. What I will attempt to describe is not a feature that can be turned on/off via settings (I think).

She can unlock the car using the keyfob, and all doors unlock. If she then opens and closes the driver's door, upon closing, the central locking engages and locks the car immediately.

A few questions: Some web discussions seem to indicate it is the door lock on the driver's door. What would be the failure mode if this were true? What, in the lock, would activate the central locking?

Would this be an MoT failure?

As a temporary fix, do you think removing the fuse (F15 on this model I think) would work?

I don't have access to the car, but my daughter could try a few things. Thanks.

Reply to
Grumps

Just a thought, if I unlock my car with my fob but don’t open a door soon enough it re-locks. I’m guessing it maybe just uses the courtesy light switch to detect door opening.

Long shot, but is the courtesy light switch working on the drivers door?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Any help? Final solution seems to be a change of locking mech and cable. (You maybe already knew this)…

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Is there an epidemic of French cars with central locking issues of late. I've heard of ceveral Citroens with some strange quirks of late like spontaneous unlocking for no reason, Locking about a second after an unlock and even locking people in the car. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't think the MOT gives a toss about locks.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yeah, I saw that posting. But thanks. I'll have to give it a try. Sounds like it is a solution. I wonder what goes wrong with the lock that causes this behaviour.

Reply to
Grumps

That's what I thought. They might be a bit miffed if they drive it into the testing bay and then close the door. The car will lock itself.

Reply to
Grumps

I think you'll find it does if you cannot unlock it from the inside as how else would you be able to get out of the car in an accident?

SH

Probably a micro switch in the door lock I would guess. It you can get at it that’s where I would start.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

In this case, if you were sitting in the car and closed the driver's door, the car would immediately lock itself. But you can still open any of the doors from the inside just by using the internal door handle.

Reply to
Grumps

They might get a bit pissed if they leave the keys in the ignition and close the door! I would remove the fuse to make sure!

Reply to
Fredxx

On some cars, you push the lock pin downwards inside the car, at the same time as you open the exterior door handle, and that puts the pin in the downward position. And the car might then lock all doors when you close the driver door shut.

If there is a sensor that senses the position of the pin, and that has failed (short or open circuit), it could be that the lock is "signaling" that it is currently locked, when visually to you, the operator, the pin is in the upward position.

I couldn't tell from a takeapart, exactly what features it might have, and what feature might be "failing on bad sensor". You can't tell from a vid like this, where all the microswitches are located.

"Peugeot 207 door lock door handle door panel & speaker replacement guide"

"The switch is inside the locking mechanism which is likely to be a sealed unit."

Paul

Reply to
Paul

But may well care if you can't get out of the car when you need to.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And we now have one who was also a 'victim' with threats of what would happen if they named him, even before he has been publicly named by the BBC or the Sun and it remains to be seen how many more of them there are once he does get named.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Evidence that you've lost it.

Reply to
Fredxx

With central locking anything is possible.

My Scudo van once had a problem that even when deadlocked if you pulled on the external passenger door handle the front doors unlocked.

Reply to
ARW