Petrol payment cards

Hi all,

anyone any experience of different petrol payment cards?

i need a system that i can use with two vehicles and with a card each that pays for the petrol when needed. the account will be settled monthly. it needs to be able to be used at the majority of forecourts.

there's bound to be something out there but where?

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

How about a credit card for each vehicle!?

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

I have two credit cards, and one I use for general purchases and one specifically for petrol.

Very handy it is, as someone bought something on the net using my card number which made it easy to spot.

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Credit card(s). No hassles with places that don't take some cards, and if you choose wisely, points/cashback. If you're worried about abuse by employees, I don't see why you couldn't stick a big label on each saying something like 'to be used for Fuel purchases only - do not accept for any other item'

Reply to
Mike Harrison

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in news:42edfdb2$0$3505$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net:

AllStar from ArvalPHH

Richard Polhill

Mike Harrison wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

When was the last time you saw a forecourt cashier actually look at the card or the signature?

Rich

Reply to
Richard Polhill

choose wisely,

a big label on each

any other item'

One way is to have the employees get their own card exclusively for petrol, and hand the bill to you each month, with the till receipts (to check on items purchased).

Could even issue them with company credit cards. I'm not sure what difference that makes. I still got the bill for my company credit card, although we were assured the company would pay any interest due to their late payment to us, which they wouldn't if we used our own credit cards.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Obviously not infallible, but could help discourage employees trying it on.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

choose wisely,

stick a big label on each

for any other item'

.. and maybe as an incentive to the employee to compensate for the paperwork, , let them keep points/cashback etc. for themselves.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Maybe worth asking local petrol stations what cards they take.

Reply to
Michael Chare

BP Supercharge -

"Accepted at over 95% of all UK petrol stations displaying the 'AllStar' sign" "A weekly invoice, paid by direct debit for your convenience"

Reply to
JB

You could try PHH Allstar - they are accepted at nearly every garage and even in many european ones. You can decide what the card can be used for - fuel, oil, recovery, service and so on.

Also it is not a credit card in the normal sense that can be abused / cloned.

Not sure of the requirements to qualify for obtaining one though.

Reply to
AJ

I have a feeling it is also possible to restrict the categories of merchant that are will be authorised on some business CCs. The idea being that when the merchant phones (or PDQs) the card, the transaction is rejected if the merchant type does not appear on the list allowable for the card. Hence it ought to be simple to restrict it to fuel sales only. (One presumes that manual card and slip transactions could still get through though)

(I remember having a client who did this with their CCs used by some of the electronic parts buyers - sometimes they would run into problems where the merchant did not have the right classification for what they were selling)

Reply to
John Rumm