PC keyboard

An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23 years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Got called out to Long Lartin Cat A prison one night - 'keyboard not working' - When I got there the screw was lying back in his chair with his hob nail boots resting on the keyboard!

Mind - got called out to Albany on the Isle of Wight one night, just managed to catch the last ferry out of Portsmouth, got to the gates, shift had changed, previous shift hadn't logged my coming with the gate and was refused entry! Spent an uncomfortable night on the slip way in the back of my car, knowing full well there'd be another but this time angry call in the morning.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Get a cd marker pen. Write on new letters.

Reply to
mogga

The "original" PC keyboard...

't know if they export though. I'm sure someone on ebay would.

Reply to
WeeBob

In message , Chris Wilson writes

Or get her to trim her finger nails:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

We had that happen and if you don't mind spending a small fortune, we found a couple of backlit gaming keyboards - good old fashioned two-shot moulded, so they'll never wear off!

However we just bought the usual sort and we'll replace it when it wears again.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

the keyboard co

Reply to
djc

UB43PJA

With a nipple no less.

Thanks for the link... that's the keyboard I'm going to marry!

Reply to
WeeBob

And then sell the worn one to Brian Gaff!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I was thinking that I was the only person to keep a keyboard that long!

I just hope that they don't stop making motherboards with the little PS/2 keyboard/mouse sockets.

I still have the PS/2 that it came with but I stopped using that in 1998 IIRC.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I think they probably already have, but as Jules noted above, 'active' USB adapters are available (and required)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ha, I win! ;-) (mine's old enough to have no status LEDs - I do sometimes miss having a caps-lock one, although num-lock and scroll-lock ones have always been a bit useless IMHO)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I suppose technically that was the 80-odd key one for the PC and XT; 102- key ones only came along later (and of course keyboards with stupid 'windows' and other 'gimmick' keys later still)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I did have a PC/AT one, but it went with the PC/AT when I gave it away!

I have a box full of Model Ms somewhere.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Get here to wear woolly gloves?

Reply to
harry

e:

They will die young from the stress. The perform no useful function so no loss.

Reply to
harry

there are USB adapters for that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Several of which struggle to provide enough power for a Model M.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The label on mine says "Manufactured in United Kingdom 12-08-1988"

They seem to be making a comeback. Not sure why, never having used a computer to play games, but there seems to be a demand from gamers for PS/2 rather than USB for keyboards.

Reply to
djc

But this is a DIY group, so....

Bob Eager