patio nightmare !

ive been having continual earache about the back patio basically it is covered in some manmade substance which is impervious to brick acid etc.so a relay is the only solution but thats where the problems started when i tryed lifting the slabs it proved to be a back breaking ordeal.seems like the patio slabs were layed in quite a layer of mortar. (encased in concrete more like) ive decided maybe to slab over it now but how far can i go to the dampproof level of the house, looks like it would be within in an inch of it and should i maybe slope it to help drainage!!

Reply to
george

Try saying that at half the speed and in better English and you might get some more helpful responses.

Reply to
usenet

You could stick a simple ground level deck on it, thats what I did in the same situation. You don't have to use the massive joists they use in raised decks. I used

2"x3" joists. Lot less back breaking work and quicker too.
Reply to
BillR