Party Wall Awards

Three years ago the lady who owned our bungalow was party to a Part Wall Award required by her (now our) neighbours who wanted to build an extension.

Now it is my turn, with the same neighbours. They have verbally agreed. I would like to draw up a simple agreement, attach the plans and ask them to sign and date it before a witness.

Should that be enough?

Reply to
pinnerite

No one can give you a guarantee but the odds in your favour increase if you follow the letter templates at

(I suggest you offer them a draft letter to agree when yopu send your notice.)

You'll see they don't look for witnesses and I don't think you need them. You do need to look for all owners to sign. If in doubt you can get that from the Land Registry.

Reply to
Robin

That is incredibly helpful. Thank you.

Alan