Part-P Inspection - How does it work?

If the project

I think that Wickes may still have some of their 100m drums of 2.5 T+E cable that is date stamped '2004'. Something that might persuade an inspection that the work started in 2004.

I expect you'd have a harder job if the cable is dated stamped 2005!

All my kitchen wiring is either undated or 2004 vintage. I have simply updated the sockets ;-)

My local wholesaler has said that they can get me 2004 armoured cable in the pre-harmonisation colours for the end of garden woodstore light. Very accomodating.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

John obviously doesn't know how to set the date on his camera either. So assumes others wouldn't know how to alter it to anything they wanted it to read.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

or take it for an MOT and the station will order one for you with no paperwork or get the stick on bits and make it yourself....... HTH Phil

Reply to
Phil

Trouble is most car accessory shops found it wasn't worth the effort and chucked in making number plates. Someone at work needed one for a trailer, and was advised by a couple of the shops to order it from France or Belgium (I don't recall which country it was), which is apparently what many people tend to do now.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

...our intergalactic cabering space cadet....thinks yet again....

........yes he said that...he did....most people would never say such things....but most are not cabering space cadets......Do his cabers have time stamps?..............

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

IIRC Scotland and NI can supply what you want by mail order!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

I bow to you superior knowledge in this matter. I was told by one of the councils there would be additional charges, but I see they were simply conning me.

If that is the case then this changes the whole situation. I think the idea that you could get all you work (up to a full rewire of a small house) inspected and certified for £117.50 would be quite popular with many pros who do electrics as part of their day to day activities.

Indeed Part P would become totally unworkable as the BCO became inundated.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Unusual for building projects to have 6 in a row ontime and on budget. And when people like yourself are involved it is a miracle if one per lifetime comes in on time and on budget.

Every time you make these claims you unwittingly tell us just how much drevil you talk. Another one for the drevil drivel thread.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 02:01:41 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named Andy Hall randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I'm sorry. I misread your original post as saying that the contractor needs to have done the work to _certify_ it. Although the bit you quote doesn't make it obvious that the person or co. that designs, installs, inspects or tests the work has to be the same.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Exactly. As I read it, the design, execution and inspection can be different individuals or the same, but all must be Competent Persons in the self certification scheme sense. There isn't a provision (on the self certification track), as I read it, for the installation to be not by a Competent Person if the inspection is. That was the original point.

OTOH, if a person who is not a Competent Person does the work, he can go the building notice route. Following this, the implication is that a Competent Person (subcontract from the LA) will inspect.

It does seem rather odd, but that appears to be how the doc. is written.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why would you ever need a plumber or corgi type near your house - given your claims to know more about it than anyone?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)