Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave Door Mist

I've just cleaned our Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave and noted that the door glass/cover has become misty and on the interior surface by the looks of it. I can see no way of getting at this, removing the two door screws on the latch side doesn't allow one to get access as far as I can see.

Two questions: 1) isn't it a bit odd that this should happen? 2) any suggestions?

.
Reply to
David Longley

Some microwaves seem to force air through the door cavity, and I saw one where it had sooted up after some food in the microwave had presumably caught fire or smoked. Microwave was still working fine, but the door was uncleanable.

Also reminds me of an incident a colleague who was once a field engineer observed. Whilst visiting a fish a chip shop to repair the cash till or something similar, he saw that the owner had cut a big hole in the microwave door so he could quickly insert and remove pies for heating without having to keep opening the door...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote | ... a fish a chip shop ... the owner had cut a big | hole in the microwave door so he could quickly insert | and remove pies for heating without having to keep | opening the door...

Presumably an English chippy?

All the Scottish ones I've seen just chuck pies in the fryer.

Owain

Owain

Reply to
Owain

snip

Since I have a leak detector that actually appears to work, I dismantled the vented door of our combi microwave to clean the inside glass. No leaks on reassembly, but certainly not something I suggest trying ;) Although interestingly it was very simple to take apart, just 4 screws no sealants,clips or anything. Just the glass, choke plate and outer door with the plastic window.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Blaver

You actually need quite a big gap before the microwaves can get out. Otherwise you would not be able to have the holey metal plate and the doors would have gaskets etc round them.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

In article , Owain writes

I seem to remember a chippy on Barry Island that heated up pies using the expresso steam thingy normally used for heating milk. Microwave cookers weren't around then

Reply to
Andrew

Yes, get over it. At least I hope you have bigger things to think about.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton