Pakistanis complain Somalians are "taking all the council houses"

Immigrants are not contributing to the housing shortage =96 there hasn't been a council home built in Birmingham for 12 years

As local councillors, we now deal with the social fallout from a waiting list that runs to 35,000 people. Even in my own ward it is not uncommon to hear people from Pakistani families echo the myths that recently arrived Somalis are "taking all the homes".

Love Europe, Hate the EU

FO

Reply to
johannes

Indeed. Please don't feed the trolls. They are best ignored.

Reply to
Andy Champ

Its not called 'council' these days, its 'housing association'

Reply to
Blah

Don't confuse him with difficult concepts.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

England 2007: 1.89m housing association homes; 1.99m local authority homes.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

No it isn't, it's both. Both councils and housing associations provide social housing.

Reply to
Conor

Whooooooshhhhh... Only housing associations are actually building any new social housing..

Reply to
Blah

Irrelevent. I suggest you look back through the thread if you can't see why.

Reply to
Conor

Whooosshhhh

Reply to