Painting uPVC - ?

(with a stencil) to spray the house number on a relative's wheelie bin a few years ago. The paint peeled off after 2 years or so. But of course it may be I didn't clean the surface well enough: I just degreased/cleaned it.

Reply to
Robin

The usual trick with that sort of plastic is to "Flame" the area to be sprayed with an oxygen starved yellow flame to embed a very thin (invisible) carbon coating onto the surface to act as a key for the paint. The flamed area needs to be painted within an hour or so to reap the full benefit of the process.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

And special paint.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Did ours about 30 years ago. Abraded the surface, washed it with trichlorethylene, painted it with red primer. Put the number high up on one side and where it wasn't in sunshine when parked. Still there and in good condition - and no rust!

Reply to
PeterC