Painting uPVC

I have a partly glazed front door(*) where the glazed part is bordered in what looks to me like uPVC. This border started out as an off white/cream colour but it has become ever more grubby looking particularly as I have repainted the door itself (**).

My question is whether or not it's possible to paint this border and if so will normal, exterior gloss be up to the job or do I need a specific (probably extortionate) paint for this job.

Cheers in advance

Mark Spice

(*) The door itself is metal clad timber.

(**) Ok, I admit it, I have managed to get bright red/purple paint over the border.

Reply to
Mark Spice

Painting plastic makes it look even more naff (not a fit fixture) than when you had it fitted. Rip it out laddie and start again. or let the windws get dirty enough to grow lichen on.

That makes it look better.

A bit.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

In message , Michael Mcneil writes

Nothing like a constructive comment :-)

You can get UPVC paint.

According to the Dulux website, if the plastic has weathered for a number of years you can paint it with UPVC paint

Reply to
chris French