Painting skirting boards near laminate floors

Re: Painting skirting boards.

If the room has a carpet, I simply roll back the carpet and paint the skirting board. Leave it overnight to dry.

What if the room has laminate flooring? Should I use a "cutting in" brush? I will probably use water-based paint. Will this wipe off the laminate floor OK if I spill or inadvertently paint the floor?!

Thanks Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps

If the laminate floor has a bit of give due to the underlay you could do what I did:

Shove lining paper under the skirting boards all the way round.

Paint.

Break the paint join to the paper by scraping round with a small screwdriver

Remove the lining paper.

You now have nice skirting boards with a slightly whiskery bottom edge.

Go round firmly brushing the bottom of the skirting boards where they meet the floor with an old toothbrush.

This resulted in a near perfect finish.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Nice one, Bob.

I might be able to get away with using a bit of masking tape or similar. If I use water-based paint it should be easy to clean up any errors. Its just a coat of white paint to brighten 'em up a bit!

Bruce

Reply to
bruce_phipps