Painting bathroom tiles

Hi

I am just looking for some advice on painting bathroom tiles.

I am in the process of putting primer on the tiles. Do I have to sand down the primer?

What kind of paint can I use to paint the tiles, once the primer is dry?

I was thinking about using Crown one coawhite gloss. Is that a good idea?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Em Tee

I painted the tiles in my kitchen, using a paint sold specifically for tiles. It took two coats, and required neither sanding nor primer, but I did _thoroughly_ clean them before painting. It looks surprisingly good. The old tiles will eventually be ripped off and replaced, but this is a good, inexpensive temporary measure (the old tiles were absolutely hideous!).

Reply to
S Viemeister

I used International Tile Paint, which is self undercoating and did a good job.

The only thing about painting tiles is that the paint can get scratched and marked easily and obviously doesn't have the same tough properties as the ceramic tile face itself.

Reply to
RedOnRed

If you don't like the International colour range, it's a bit limited, consider using a Zinsser primer first and then you can use any paint/colour combo you like.

A good observation.

Reply to
Peter Johnson