Painting a room thats smoothed

A flat my daughter has moved in was a bit of a diy project by the previous person. One of the rooms has had a start with the skirting and door frames been stripped. The walls have been sanded smooth weirdly. I'm wondering when I come to paint it will it be paintable its its smooth .. if not how would I handle painting this room.

Thanks

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:56:30 -0000, "Matthew.Ridges" gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

If the walls have been taken back to the plaster .. I see no problem painting them. If they have been almost "marbelised" .. a light sanding before painting will help.

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st

"Mike P the 1st" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Ahh ok Mike thanks for that.

I guss he/she was going for that showroom finish lol.

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

Emulsion & alkyd paints dont care if the surface is smooth or not

NT

Reply to
Tabby