Paint for Plastic Soil Pipes

Is there a proprietary paint for plastic waste pipes? The tee from the soil stack which projects from the box work to accept the toilet waste connection is the old Marley hideous grey stuff. White would go so much nicer with our re-furb plan!

Is there a "made for purpose" paint to cover this? Emulsion tends to be affected by the bath room moisture.

Any useful hints welcome

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Ordinary oil based paint - and no primer needed. Just make sure the surface is clean and grease free - clean with sugar soap first and rinse with clean water.

I've got a south facing soil stack painted black in this way which has outlasted any other painted surface...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Oil Based White gloss. Needs a few coats but works fine.

Reply to
BillP

The white HammerRite stuff works well on PVC, but give it an undercoat of emulsion to help cover it better.

Reply to
BigWallop

I reckon oil based paint sort of etches into PVC, so emulsion might effect the adhesion.

Reply to
Dave Plowman