Bath Running Cost - 700/750 wide

I am looking at bath styles, sizes etc and wondered whether anyone has considered the on-going cost of opting for a wider bath?

The standard width versions are OK (for one occupant!), but the bath will have a shower over and therefore a wider version would be preferable.

However, baths need to be at a certain depth to induce relaxation and aid recuperation from the day's activities IMHO, so with each bath fill you need more water which is metered!

Has anyone considered this prior to bath purchase other than me?

Comments gratefully received.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Hello TheScullster

Yes, then stopped thinking about it.

And to prevent cold knees.

Yes.

Yes, but IMO a bath is more of a luxury. For just cleaning yourself an electric shower is probably cheapest and uses the least water, or a sponge bath...

Reply to
Simon Avery

We're looking at re-doing our bathroom, and want a generously sized double-ended bath, although the room layout itself is quite limiting, possibly with a whirlpool or spa system. Trouble is, it isn't easy to try before you buy, and it is quite expensive if it turns out to be noisy or ineffective. The shower is tolerable, but more pressure would be better.

We are looking for the most spacious bath (room for two) with the smallest overall size. Has anybody any experience? We have tried a few in showrooms, and some rectangular ones 1900 x 900 seem OK, though difficult to accommodate. A corner bath might work, if it really uses the space well - the ones we have seen so far don't.

When bath capacities are stated, what are the standards for measurement? Some catalogues mention an allowance of 70 litres for displacement. What is the regulatory position about sink & bath overflows? IIRC it used to be down to local requirements. Can the bath pop-up waste fittings that seem to be popular now be used without the overflow connection? If you don't fit one (and you don't make waves) you can have another 50 mm of water to soak in.

Then there is the shower - I've read up about, and think I understand, the various options, but where is it possible to actually see them in action and compare the performance. For instance to see what 1 m gravity or a 1.5 or 3 bar pump produces with a particular spray head? I live near Nottingham.

See elsewhere for my questions on heating the water for all this.

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon