Paint for interior redecoration.

Now the offspring are all finally about to move out, I intend to refurbish throughout, it's not been done in several years. I want to eliminate all gloss paintwork, and use a matt / eggshell type finish throughout on woodwork. I had considered using the Dulux Satinwood range, reasonable range of colours and available in local Homebase, but wondered if any other make is currently recommended in this sort of finish. I tend to avoid 'own brands'. I note, some are water based, which I have no experience of, other than on wall emulsion. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Reply to
4square

I really like the Satinwood paint. I use it for doors and then gloss for the frames and architraves. Suits me!

Reply to
John

In article , John writes

My pref for those areas is for oil based eggshell, I found it goes on better than the time I tried satinwood. Used to use Dulux Trade but have moved over to Johnstones as it's good stuff, there is a Leyland(/Johnstones) trade centre near me who don't look down their noses at diy-ers and it's cheaper. A painter who I trust and is working with paint every day says his fave Crown trade stuff.

For walls, Johnstones matt emulsion, it's better than their Leyland co-brand but still reasonably priced.

Top tip I got from a friend who was on a budget but wanted some classic shades and an expensive finish was to buy enough Farrow & Ball emulsion to do a single coat then took a sample to be colour matched with cheaper (but still decent) stuff. One coat cheapie, final coat expensive and it looks excellent.

Reply to
fred