padlocks

I have a sudden need for a set of common keyed padlocks:-(
The previous set did not withstand bolt croppers and I wonder if the
group have advice to offer?
Shrouded hasp? Disc types? Thicker hasp?
I don't think picking or angle grinder resistant is relevant.
regards
Reply to
Tim Lamb
After many padlocks were cut with bolt cutters, I replaced them with locks mounted flush in the doors. The burglars were too stupid to try to pick those. They just removed a sheet of roofing instead.
Reply to
Matty F
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:36:11 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:
It would need to be >1/2" to resist bolt croppers
I have always thought this type looked fairly resistant to attack but I've never tried, I normally only need to get past when someone has lost the keys, then I choose the end link on the chain where possible.
used a high security ingersoll on a range I worked on, someone had super glued the mechanism, so I was sat outside with an initial 8hr working window waiting for the range master to release me to operate 240V equipment on site.
Aren't you beginning to suspect someone up there has it in for you?
AJH
Reply to
AJH
Go and visit a locksmith. They rarely inhabit places called security centers, but more often have a tatty little shop in a back street, where you will find locks you never knew existed and get professional advice that will suit your specific circumstances.
Colin Bignell
Reply to
nightjar
Hi,
I'd think about getting a close fitting shroud made up with a slot in the back.
Then screw it to the hasp so the loop comes through the slot.
Also some protection for the hinge pin in the hasp, maybe a bit of channel.
cheers, Pete.
Reply to
Pete C
In message , AJH writes
Oh! The size I had considered are 10mm.
Not really. Farms are always likely targets. Roughly every 5 years.
You won't be surprised that they rejected my chainsaw:-)
regards
Reply to
Tim Lamb
That's right I'm not certified for hot works but I had also had to similarly sign off not to use 240V power tools, so when he asked me to quickly cut a link out of the chain he had to give me an exemption for power tools or gas axe, two stroke generator was easiest and cheapest to deploy with 5" angle grinder.
He was an ex rsm with one helluva bark but one of the nicer types I've worked for.
AJH
Reply to
AJH
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:04:33 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:
I was thinking that this on top of the arsonist and fall meant you had displeased someone above you!
AJH
Reply to
AJH
In message , AJH writes
Time elapsed retribution then.
It rather makes you wonder how many visits from tarmaccers and the like are actually potential break-ins.
regards
Reply to
Tim Lamb
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 07:59:09 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:
Most I would guess. If you make your living from opportunist crime you still need part time work to give the opportunity to case for future opportunities. These people are constantly on the lookout and disseminate information between them.
AJH
Reply to
AJH

Site Timeline Threads