OVO Smart meter

Haven't you only just removed the gas lights?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

;-)

Some of the iron barrel pipework still exists. Too much trouble to remove.

I don't really know the history of the badge except it being there when I bought this place. Perhaps from before nationalization?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They cannot use the Smart Meter as a Smart Meter: there is no reason at all why they could not be used as a conventional meter and read by the occupant or the meter reader - unless you know of one of course.

Reply to
Bill Stewart

A letter from Siemens wanting to make an appointment to install a smart meter. Paraphrasing: 'If you don't want a smart meter then we'll install a mechanical one'.

replying to Bill Stewart, JR Bedford wrote: Yes it doesnt show readings for more than one tarrif i.e. if you have standard and economy 7 it wont show them separately only as a total SO YOU CANT MANAGE YOUR CONSUMPTION AS THEY CLAIM

Reply to
JR Bedford

Yes I have still to wait for EDF to solve this problem. Apparently the newer meters can have variable and multiple tariffs, I'm shocked that any company would make a meter not capable of such things in today's world, sounds like these meters were from the back of Arfur Daleys transit van.Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff