Overpainting black bitumen paint?

On 07/01/2019 19:32, Bob Minchin wrote:

I tend to agree.
Probably best to line it with lining paper. Test that paste holds to it
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Our solution of many years ago was a coat of alumninium paint over the black bitumen.
--
Chris Green
·

On Monday, 7 January 2019 21:33:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

bitumen

I once used bitumen paint to line a mould, thinking the stuff wouldn't stic k to it. But it very much did. It was a cement mix.
NT
On Tuesday, July 5, 2011 at 4:43:14 PM UTC+10, Lobster wrote:

Ty,
A lot of the comments are irrelevant. There are two types of bitumen paint: oil based and water based. Oil based bitumen paint is difficult to get today.
Make it clear in you comments what type you are talking about. They are two entirely different paints.
On Saturday, 12 January 2019 14:18:21 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Most of mine is paraffin & bitumen. You can always make that if you buy bitumen. I'm told you can get 25l drums of bit from builder's suppliers (not diy sheds).
NT