Overcharged by a plumber ?

StealthUK wrote:-

As I explained earlier in the thread, I was given to understand that the old style PCB (since ugraded by Glowworm) had no fuse, therefore the pump blew the PCB and the fan. The replacement PCB will cause only the fuse to blow. Plausible, but as I do not have the old parts I cannot prove this. I make no excuses for my idiocy, but that does not give anyone the right the take advantage of that idiocy without being on the receving end of as much trouble as I can cause them.

The parts WERE replaced, I watched him do it, and the advert in Yellow Pages uses a valid CORGI registration number.

Reply to
Al

It's not about idiocy. These guys work on the common decency of others. They act like your 'mate' and as if they're trying to help you out. You in return don't want to offend them by questioning them too much.

Yellow

Well the number may check out but that doesn't mean the guy who actually turned up was Corgi registered. But unless you got a mugshot it will be hard to prove anything. :-)

If you get nowhere through the normal channels there are always other ways! Good Luck :-)

Reply to
StealthUK