overboarding for shower tray.

For the life of me I cant remember when I done the shower room. Now doing the main bathroom. Putting down a resin shower tray and on to wooden floor boards (not chipboard), do I overboard the wooden floorboards with ply first or just lay the mortar bed on the floorboards?
On 14/05/2019 22:17, ss wrote:

When you say "resin" do you mean a GRP tray or a stone resin type? The latter needs a really stable base with no flex, so ply is definitely advised - and screw it down well.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 14/05/2019 22:42, John Rumm wrote:

I havent ordered it yet but likely a stone resin type. Thanks for reply I couldnt remember if I overboarded last time or not.
On 14/05/2019 23:19, ss wrote:

Also if you don't have a ply top then you quite often find you will end up with a compromised floorboard when you need to cut the access hole for the shower trap - that would then leave a large strip of the tray not properly supported.
Last one I did had 22mm floorboards, and I did a 19mm ply layer on top. Screwed down on a 6" grid. Made for a very solid feeling base - you could immediately feel the difference when you walked on the floor before the tray went in.
--
Cheers,

John.