[SOLVED] Oven door hinges locked in transit position. Won't unlock.

Christina wrote in news:uaE7D.2206168$ snipped-for-privacy@fx44.am:

Some strange instructions there - are people really doing it correctly. Every oven I have used it is very simple to open the door fully - lock the hinge by blocking its return - with a rotating disc or similar - lift out the door. replace and then unblock the return mechanism.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Christina wrote in news:uaE7D.2206168$ snipped-for-privacy@fx44.am:

DerbyBorn

Its also a pity that the stupid web site that some are using to view this group does not actually allow quoting of the message as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

replying to Fred Phase, Suki wrote: Thanks, Fred & Klara! You saved the day! One more spring-loaded hinge unstuck.

Reply to
Suki

2003! I suspect the OP's oven warranty might now be out of time!
Reply to
Fredxx

replying to bp, TinCan wrote: Thank you so much!!!!!!! This worked!!!!!!

Reply to
TinCan

I found a really easy way to fix this .. I used a door handle ( from a laundry cupboard) and used it to lever it . It takes very little force when you have it secured 👊🏼 So any metal handle will work ( bathroom and laundry are the most likely places )

Reply to
Tim