Outdoor vacuum cleaner

In message , Tim Streater writes

According to the label, 1.527-411.0, dated 2013, made in Romania. Also shows number/ref T 10/1 Adv

Reply to
Graeme

Thing is I also use mine in my workshop which is just a room in the house. And want decent filtering to avoid blowing dust elsewhere. Suppose that wouldn't matter outdoors. Are there any truly filterless machines?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quite. Hence me preferring to pay a bit extra for bags. Assuming they don't cost a fortune.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No longer on their website.

Reply to
Andrew

Ah yes I see the model now. SO you used it without a bag? I'm told that this causes the filter to clog up. Did you experience that?

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

I didn't buy it new (long boring story[1]), but when it came to me, it didn't have a bag, and I didn't realise until now that one was ever fitted. No, no problem with the filter, which just sits on the rim of the body, held in place by the motor assembly. The filter has to be removed to empty the bin, of course.

The filter is washable, although I haven't done so - when emptying the cleaner, I just hold the filter in our wheelie bin with the lid almost shut, and tap the filter against the inside of the wheelie bin.

It has become one of those things that I always reach for. Small and light enough to just grab and go, yet powerful enough to be useful. Very good with general crap in the shed or dog hairs in house and car. Also great for stairs - I can easily carry the body in one hand whilst using the hose in the other. Similar for corners of ceilings, around doors and high window frames.

[1] The Karcher was bought by the last occupants of our shop, and left behind when they vacated the premises three years ago, at which time it was two years old.
Reply to
Graeme

Ah, thanks very much. That's very clear now.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I have one. Surprisingly, it's well below the energy use limit anyway.

Reply to
Chris Bartram