outdoor firewood drying rack

Hi,

has anyone found a supplier of these in the UK ?

In the USA they sell a stout metal from which you stack your logs in to dry (outside). There are a couple of uprights at each end and bars going across the base to raise the logs of the damp ground. The top has a small material cap to keep the rain off the top, while the wind and sun can dry the ends.

Not rocket science to build but these things are fairly substantial and also rust proof.

Reply to
jives11

It isn't rocket science to build one, as you said. So why not build one? We did. It's better than a stock one because it's the size we wanted.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

There was one at the NEC homebuilding show, recently. Looked rather like a young bus shelter.

I'm with Mary:-) Build your own. Collecting rainwater with a horizontal curved roof is not good as the wind blows the drips back onto your nicely dried and stacked wood.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Get some racking from Rapid Racking - galvanized is good - and provide some sort of cover over the top.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Who needs a rack?

visionset