register plate

Anyone come up with a bargain method for sourcing a stove register plate? I don't want to buy 2440x1220, apart from anything else I'm sick of land filling surplus building materials. Anyone/s local to Nottingham want to split a MultiBoard? Also is this stuff much stronger than plasterboard? What thickness will I get away with, it being an unsupported 1000x360

Reply to
visionset