OT. Why you get Dehli Belly on cruise ships

Cheap Asian cooks in the Galley http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/12/05/muslim-school-inadequate-not-supplying-toilet-paper-cultural-reasons/ One here for Bignal to excuse.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Corse no pom has ever produced any food poisoning.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 06/12/17 06:53, harry wrote: [snipped link to racist breitbart crap]

http://mailchi.mp/stopfundinghate/stop-funding-hate-is-crowdfunding?e ‡d37a8e48
Add pictures here
βœ–

Why are you posting a link to a hate-based and thuggish organisation?
--
There's no obfuscated Perl contest because it's pointless.

- Jeff Polk
βœ–
On 06-Dec-17 6:53 AM, harry wrote:

The main cause of Novovirus transmission on cruise ships is inadequate hand washing by the passengers. This study goes into the subject in considerable detail:
http://www.nature.com/articles/srep38790
As for the article you link to, are you saying that wiping your bum with paper is more hygienic than washing it?

Colin Bignell
βœ–

Toilet door handles scare me. Do they ever get cleaned?
Add pictures here
βœ–

I doubt it. I try not to touch them.
--
Today is Setting Orange, the 48th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3183
βœ–
On 06-Dec-17 9:42 AM, DerbyBorn wrote:

I know of an unpublished trial on bioburden in lavatories, carried out by a pharmaceutical company. The results were broadly in agreement with the article I posted. The bioburden on the handles on the way out was found to be negligible, as most people washed their hands before leaving. The handles on the way in had higher bioburdens, although still no more than the general environment. However, they used well maintained roller towels, which, with paper towels, are more effective at removing bioburden than hot air hand dryers.

Colin Bignell
βœ–
On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 10:18:43 UTC, Nightjar wrote:

That's probbaly why the new graduate centre costing about Β£50 million have installed hot air blowers and auto on lights that are left on 24/7

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 06-Dec-17 11:40 AM, whisky-dave wrote:

Hot air hand dryers cost less to maintain.

Colin Bignell
βœ–
On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 12:27:06 UTC, Nightjar wrote:

ll

ed

ion have installed hot air blowers and auto on lights that are left on 24/7

I thought they were there to clean hands rather than get an administator a promotion, any ideas why they installed auto on/off lights in the toilets, then in less than two months have decided to leave them on 24/7 probbaly 3 65 too is that also so they cost less to maintain ?
Add pictures here
βœ–

I have been on several cruises and have witnessed a number of men emerging from a cubicle and then not washing their hands before leaving. No wonder gastric infections spread like wild fire. My wife has seen the same in the women's loos, with the added problem (which seems to be more common in women's loos) that some people don't even lock the door so she has inadvertently walked in on people on the loo. (*)
If we use public loos (as opposed to the one in our cabin) we always open the door with a paper towel on the way our after washing our hands, and always use the bactericidal hand gel as we go in for a meal, either in the canteen or the restaurant.
We also take a ziplock bag and put the TV remote in it, operating it through the bag: apparently TV remotes are often contaminated with faecal bacteria and often don't get cleaned by the stewards between cruises.
So far we have avoided gastric infections by these simple (although maybe excessive!) precautions.
(*) Why is it that some women don't seem to like locking the cubicle door? They then get annoyed if someone walks in, as if you should know that this door which says "vacant" is occupied whereas that one really is vacant. I don't think I've ever encountered it in men's loos, although admittedly it's less common for men to use a cubicle so I'm working from a smaller sample size.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 13:12:40 UTC, NY wrote:

out

as

I've never been on a cruise ship but I know what happens in some pub toilet s and what happens here.

I've heard women say they always wash their hands.

That's women I guess.

Good idea I've asked for similar here as I 'handle'/ students they hand thi ngs to me and I hand them things.

ugh

I guess I'm lucky not being the cruiser type.
How do you think this equates to such things as computer labs where 100s of studetns share computers and chairs and then they complain that we stopped them eating sandwhiches and teh lioke in the lab, some bring trsys of food in straight from the canteen, but I always insist they leave the lab.

I have too then by mot going on crusie ships.

?
Why ask me. :-0

t's

It's be interestign if Mr S Khan goes ahead with the insistance that all ne w public toilets are dual/triple/LBGTQ/RGB/TTL/RIP whatever. I wonder if the women will still refuse to lock the doors if men use the sa me cubicles.
Add pictures here
βœ–

And hordes don’t bother and havent got infected either.

Presumably they believe that they are even more likely to have been touched by those who havent washed their hands before unlocking the cubical door.

Yep.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Perhaps they put the sensors in the wrong place as they did in a place I visited earlier this year. The lights came on when you went in, but sit down to do your "business" and the lights went out!
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Add pictures here
βœ–

They should still be cleaned to limit the buildup of dust in them (a significant proportion of which is feaces), and is blown back over your moist hands just after you cleaned them.
Of course, they never are cleaned and are disgusting to open up to fix.
--
Andrew Gabriel
βœ–

When did you ever see a "well maintained roller towel"
--
Chris B (News)

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 06-Dec-17 12:35 PM, Chris B wrote:

Not unusual in places, like a large pharmaceutical company, where there are quality standards that have been set by a microbiologist and that are regularly audited.

Colin Bignell
βœ–
On 06/12/2017 10:18, Nightjar wrote:

Hot air dryers are banned from doctors and hospitals as they spread infection. They all have paper towels these days.
I expect the high speed dryers like the dysons spread even more germs, further.
Add pictures here
βœ–

You're free to hide under the bed.

Corse they do. And you don’t have to touch them.
Add pictures here
βœ–