OT: Why are 3 door cars allowed on the road?

Those only count if a pig sees you. And a long couch will cover your reg number for an added bonus.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's the kinetic energy which is important, not the momentum. KE=mv^2.

Reply to
Max Demian

afaik in this state as long as you tie a red bandanna on the end the only laws involved are those of physics. When the front wheels have minimal contact with the ground you have a problem. That's when you find some fat friends to sit on the hood.

Reply to
rbowman

LOL!

Nice one.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Heavy things may well do headons with you. But headons are not the worst danger these days with crumple zones/headrests/air bags etc. side impacts and rollovers or a crushed roof..

Well, bye then. I cant say its been a pleasure knowing you, but I'll send a seatbelt to your funeral

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My cousin had a fire in his 3 door Anglia. The girls in the rear got out before the guys in the front!

But I agree, for most cars, 4 or 5 doors is much more convenient and potentially safer. Of course 3 doors are cheaper to build (though probably less so after you take the R&D into account).

Reply to
Chris Holmes

It's a xposting troll, PDFTT.

urc dropped

Reply to
Kerr-Mudd, John

You mean people with balls.

And why would the seat suddenly fly forwards just because it can fold when you press the lever?

Would have to be very old. I drive old bangers and I can only remember one without central locking, my first one I bought in 1997 which was built in 1988.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There's a Canadian Clare in the newsgroups who claims to be a man. I don't believe her.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I took "kill someone" to mean "another person". Nobody cares if people kill themselves.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yet it's illegal to endanger only myself with no seatbelt.

It has, they want to control everything we do.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If it's got bad enough for the driver to be flung out of his seat, there's not much chance of any control happening, belted or not.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There should be no free healthcare.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You can pick any US site you want and they don't even mention cyclists killing people. We leave that to you Brits:

Even so,

"Of around 400 pedestrians killed in collisions in the UK each year, about 2.5 involve a bicycle. Put it another way: more than 99% of pedestrian collision deaths in this country involve a motorised vehicle"

Reply to
rbowman

Then your vehicle is designed differently to mine. And very stupidly, since you now have belts flapping about for no good reason, especially for the middle seats.

Anyway, in the UK, "A belt fitted with no corresponding seat will not be inspected."

Wow, America is worse than the UK for health and softy.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I like driving after a few pints. It actually increases concentration, and also awareness of police presence.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

"it was totaled" and "I drove the car back home....with no major parts falling off" do not agree.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Ah, there is the irony of the US insurance industry. They do quick assessment of the estimated repair cost versus the replacement cost and declare it a total wreck. With the fragile front pieces and structural elements designed to crush it doesn't take much.

otoh, when I hit the deer I never reported it. The hood had some interesting sculpting but still opened and closed. Some of the plastic bits needed a few nylon ties to hold them in alignment. About 40,000 miles later it was still going strong.

I probably wouldn't have replaced it but when I brought it to the dealer's for an exploding air bag recall I saw a 2018 leftover sitting on the lot. I like the model and 2018 was its last year. I concluded the salesman was tired of looking at it and would deal. With their accounting practices I was shown to have gotten a very good trade in despite the deer damage and 80,000 + miles.

It was the first day of our lockdown. In fact I called to confirm they were open and they replied they were an 'essential' business. Several other salesmen were sitting around swatting flies and were jealous of their coworker who made what might have been the last sale in a very long time.

Reply to
rbowman

That would be me, I park in those, without a child, as they're closer to the shop. A woman yelled at me once, so I called her a benefit scrounging baby maker and pointed out her sprogs could easily manage to walk from the other side of the car park, even if she couldn't.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Insurance companies in the UK are pretty relaxed, I don't think I've ever been truthful when buying a policy.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey