OT WhatsApp

Chances of it opening in your PC even if your mobile phone is sat in the same room and on WhatsApp is very low?

What am I missing?

Reply to
ARW

think you have to download WhatsApp to your PC and also link it to your mobile number?

Then you get messaging on both teh PC and moby.....

Reply to
SH

Have you done the thing where you point the phone at the computer screen and let it see the QR code?

Then you often have to open WhatsApp on the phone before the PC will work. I dunno why.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Its crap? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its no doubt so they know your devices are all you and thus can get even more data about you. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

 Yes, quite a recent modification (last month or so ?), but works a lot better than the continuous  linking version
Reply to
Mark Carver

Dunno, Its like 100% for me.

What do you mean 'opening in your PC'? - its a web site....

The Natural Philosopher

I find it a bit reluctant sometimes to open especially if havent accessed it on PC for a while. Opening WhatApp on phone then refreshing PC page seems to do the trip for me.

Reply to
Robert

Robert explained on 08/06/2022 :

I am fairly new to WA, I try to avoid such things as much as possible, but what I have found is....

With WA not actually running on my phone, when using it on the PC - ability to scroll back to older messages is quite limited.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

If your PC is running Windows 11 and your phone is an Android one then you can install an app called Phone Link (download from the Microsoft store) and manage your phone from the PC, including running all the apps in a phone shaped window, sending text messages, copying recent pics from phone to PC, and, if PC has mic and speakers, make and receive calls, video if PC has a camera. They connect via WiFi.

Peter Johnson

Same here, its one of those occasions where the App on the phone has more functionality than the PC web version. I only use it on the PC when I have a lot of detailed typing to do or need to find old photos. I find a mouse and keyboard creates fewer mistakes. However find WhatsApp a very useful App for communicating to individuals or a small group especially when you want to attach photos.

Reply to
Robert

Robert used his keyboard to write :

I only use it on the PC, I hate trying to type on a virtual keyboard.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Try a bluetooth keyboard for those occasions when you have to use the mobile.

Reply to
Robert

How are you connected to your phone? Bluetooth or Wi-Fi? Mine is Wi-Fi and always works just fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Wi-Fi

Reply to
ARW

I cant be bothered with typing on the phone. PC works great. The phone must still have a signal though.

Reply to
misterroy

Not with the latest update. WhatsApp For Windows just needs the PC to be connected to the Internet.

Reply to
Cliff Topp

Robert expressed precisely :

I would feel silly wiping out a keyboard in a public place, to type onto a tiny Iphone :-) I avoid as much as possible any such communication apart from when at home and when at home my laptop is usually on.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Do you have the PC running permanently? Here, if I let the laptop go to sleep then wake it up, I have occasionally found no WhatsApp. Quickest fix is to disconnect it from Wi-Fi and re-connect. Or re-boot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

As the App offers more functions than the PC Web version ( I think) a BT keyboard at Home can be useful for those occasions when you have to use the phone at home. Or whip out a rollup BT keyboard when sitting down in your favourite Coffee shop or Cafe to look even more professional !!

Reply to
Robert