OT: what is happening in Europe electricity wise...??

We seem to have swapped from importing ~3GW of European electricity to exporting similar, this morning.

Gas an coal have been ramped up to compensate..but why?

Normally France has loads of nuky power to sell cheap at this time of year..

Has Germany or Italy had a failure?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think they are all pumping out power to cope with the use of air conditioning in Europe with the heatwave over there. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I read that as a Fauré.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Could well be. Last Wednesday was a holiday (Assumption) so this is a back to work week.

And it is hot. 35C here in Umbria and it hasn't rained for three months.

Reply to
DJC

Perhaps .. we ought to be exporting water;)...

Now as it seems we're being urged to export the NHS;!..

tony sayer

Its pretty cool here, and its only just stopped raining.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's uncomfortably warm here, and is still raining.

Owain

Reply to
Owain