OT Wealth Transfer.

That's the sales line, but it's illogical. If you want progress, you agree to buy one of any new design, paying the full development cost plus profit. They certainly won't be cheap, but you're just buying the one, and are mai nly paying for the R&D. If instead you buy 100 or 1000, you pay all those c osts plus a big pile of wasted money on the other 999.

But it's politics, where any bull flies.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

correction: new better design.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The point is that this transaction has two parts to it

the hardware

and the electricity generated

the punter does pay the "full" price for the hardware

and then receives a subsidy on his leccy bill for doing so.

So this does help the developer reduce his costs, without directly subsidising him.

tim

Reply to
tim...

In other words the people pay. Whereas with one unit only, the people pay the government who pay, and the total cost is much less.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

A significant minority sit at home on benefits not prepared to do any work. These are the one that bunked off school and didn't do their homework. ie, idle gits.

This is how their votes are paid for by lefty politicians. The problem is we now have an under class with an entitlement syndrome who subscribe to the politics of envy.

Word has got around. That's why we have all these would be migrants queuing up at Calais.

Reply to
harry

Wally????

Reply to
harry

Encourage them to work, more carrot less stick.,

There are also those who were born with silver spoons in their mouths.

Agree up to a point. Would you clean toilets for a pittance or use some feeble excuse you're retired AKA idle git?

Agreed.

Reply to
Fredxxx

It's government that causes too many of them to be out of work. It's a government made problem.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I made sure it was never likely to happen by hard work at school/technical college etc..

Chavvy scum should be forced to work. The fact that they aren't encourages their kids to the belief that a life of idleness is normal.

Reply to
harry

It's an EUSSR related/migration problem. Also lefty governments depend on them for the votes. Bought with benefits.

Reply to
harry

It's one of the problems with the star trek universe where there is no need of money. No one claens out the toilets.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yep, no pensions or free bus passes. ;-)

yes well we don't work for tehm unless they give us their spoons.

He's an idle git and would need to work no free handouts to anyone I say :)

Yep if harry wiped his own arse or was willing to wipe the arse of others we wouldn;t need to import arse wipers. We have enough arse lickers surely in politics.

Reply to
whisky-dave

people wouldn't want to get older - wonderful idea ;-)

Reply to
charles

And the rest.

Reply to
bert

sorry

don't understand

you need to explain

(I got the first sentence, it was the rest)

tim

Reply to
tim...

and how do you do that?

more nannying adverts saying "it's good to work!"?

No gonna work, is it.

I think we should just use the simple stick of, "the longer you are on the dole, the less money that we give you". Focuses the mind on taking a job that's "beneath" you.

(Obviously there needs to be rules that don't restart the clock if you take a job for a week)

tim

Reply to
tim...

better than being a Wodney

tim

Reply to
tim...

In the end the people pay for it whatever you do. You can have people pay for the R&D plus one windmill, or have them pay for that plus loads more.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Unfortunately although harry is wrong he is wrong the wrong way and you lose less than 20%. In actual fact if you have the panels flat you lose even less. Its just a bit of fizics.

Reply to
dennis

Hmm. Not a bad idea.

Reply to