OT Wealth Transfer.

"take up an initiative " Translation: Apply for free money, supplied by increasing the neighbours bills.

Don't forget the ongoing and end-of-life costs harry. The inverter won't last 25 years and you are juicy sitting target for the replacement industry (and the original manufacturer and installer will be history). Then there is the possibility that with all that cadmium and other nasty stuff the old panels will need to be disposed of by a licensed contractor, just like asbestos.

Meanwhile, if you had invested the money you spent on those panels in something like Fundsmith back in 2011 your investment would be worth 2.5 times now what you started with, plus a stream of dividends. How much will your panels be 'worth' in 25 years time ?.

Reply to
Andrew

No it wasn't

Reply to
bert

What I do is legal and benrficial to the community.

Reply to
harry

My (first) lot of panels has paid for it'self already. Income is around 12% tax free. And inflation linked.

Tell me where else I can get a risk/tax free income of 12%? Also a reduction of 25%/35% off my electricity bills Also powers my electric car for free.

Cost?

BTW, I don't know anyone whose inverter has failed.

Reply to
harry

Oh yes it was.

Reply to
harry

the only people that benefit are you & the system seller/installer. The rest of us pay for it.

Reply to
tabbypurr

She didn't do anything, and so what. For her the value has not increased. She had a house - she still has a house.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Let's not dignify it with the word "income", eh harry? What you are actually talking about is the proceeds of your FIT crime.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Legalised banditry takes place in the US, too. And that isn't beneficial to the community either.

Reply to
Tim Streater

The immigrants are allegedly, according to their stinking supporters, beneficial to the community

Reply to
Richard

What harry does is legal theft and not beneficial to any community except his nest of white mice.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh no it wasn't - not to those who couldn't afford the capital investment nor those who owned an east west facing house, nor to tenants.

Reply to
bert

You ARE a whinging git. A scoialist I 'spect. I expect you went to a state funded school? Free bus Pass? Library?

Reply to
harry

Ignorant as usual. Solar panels can be fitted to East/West facing roofs. There is a 25%reduction in generation.

Can't afford??? Well that's just down to idleness and stupidity. If you're poor, it's your own fault. Anybody in this country prepared to work can be well off, even rich.

Reply to
harry

The mirror is over there.

Reply to
Richard

harry, you are full of shit. If everybody was well off there wouldn't be anyone to do the menial stuff for low pay. That is the problem. A large proportion are relatively well off and unprepared to do the menial stuff, hence the need for immigrants.

Reply to
Richard

You're as ignorant as ever then.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Arguably, it creates an initial demand enabling producers to invest in development of cheaper products for the benefit of all.

tim

Reply to
tim...

Well that if course was the bullshit excuse used to justify it.

The narrative was

- we need to stop emitting CO2

- we will therefore use renewable energy

- its far too expensive so we will subsidise it

- it will then become magically cheaper and we wont need to subsidise it.

Of course it was all lies from the start and more importantly, all the engineers involved knew it.

The real narratives is

- we don't need to stop emitting CO2.

- even if we did, nuclear is far and away cheaper than renewables ever will be .

- its so expensive we should never subsidise it.

- it hasn't become magically cheaper at all, of course.

Because all this was known from the outset, those involved are guilty of fraud.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher