OT Vets

Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections are due that you never needed before and then they try and sell you "preventative plans"....then you find out the nice vet that ran it for years and is still there has sold out to a big national veterinary outfit ? ........ bastards

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

One has to ask oneself why he had to sell, and you find that all that low pricing and good service has hit the bottom line. There seems to be no middle ground though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

May just have retired.

Reply to
jon

but still running it

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart

The vet gives *you* injections? It could explain a lot?

Yup ... because it's changed from a vocation to a commercial concern.

He has possibly sold his customer database and goodwill, he might even be kept on for a while (it helps retain customers if the still see him there fore a while).

'Businesses' ... and at least they are being responsible by following the guidelines re boosters etc (for you and the dog / cat / chimp[1]).

Cheers, T i m

[1] The one that types your usenet posts for you. Can you put some extra treats on the full stop but not just at the end)? ;-(

p.s. Well done for getting him to remember the OT and get the case right.

Reply to
T i m

you are SO fummy Tim.....

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

That's good to hear as you did say you expected us all to entertain you.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

indeed

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

wasn't for a booster I have no problem with boosters etc.....

Jimmy Stewart ...

Don't worry, I won't report you, it's not that offensive to me.

You could ask for your money back on our entertainment of you?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Mmmh, our vets closed down, I always thought they were reasonably priced.

Turns out they were skint. I don't know why they didn't just charge more. Oh yes, there's outrage around these parts when folk try that.

So now we have to go to the 'rip off' vet that can afford to stay open. :)

Reply to
R D S

From the point of view of pet insurance, the one that the Supervet advertises which I used when I had a dog always were fair and not obstructive. Previously Pet Protect and some others seemed to be far more interested in not paying out than being insurance, I'll say no more. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

The two vets I use now do "care packages" that do injections, wormers, etc. somewhat cheaper than the standard costs. As does my dentist for 6 monthly checkup and hygenist, with a monthly DD.

One thing they achieve by this is a more level revenue stream, and it cuts my costs slightly.

The dentist, slightly irritatingly, asks if you have thought about cosmetic dentistry, tooth whitening, etc. on the pre-appointment questionaire that just used to ask about health changes and medication.

Reply to
newshound

If you aren?t prepared to look after your pet you shouldn?t have one.

Reply to
Radio Man

the government have cut back so much on dentists you get bugger all and have to pay through the nose...

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

I hate my cat she is an obnoxious bugger brian .....

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

thinking of ways to get rid of her

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

fast thinking

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...

I was speaking to brian reay AKA radio man ....

Reply to
Jimmy Stewart ...