OT (very): Raging toothache but no dentist

Much the same as my dentist charges. That is central London. But not the place off Harley Street to which he referred me for an urgent root canal filling where the waiting room had wing-backed leather chairs and a grand piano :)

Reply to
Robin

Yes, there will be a crown on the implant. That's about a third of the total price.

Reply to
charles

Didn't you once pay £1500 for dental treatment, that could have been had for £250 in Brussels?

You could have travelled by Eurostar, stayed in a nice hotel near the Grand Place, and had plenty of change from the £1500...

Reply to
Spike

Only in your imagination.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Nah. You were bragging about it, and got caught out again.

Reply to
Spike

well done

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Give it time. At least 48 hours for a start, and 72 to really kick in. Did they give you 5 or 7 days supply?

I hope it works for you.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I have found that the thing takes 12 hours to be noticeable and 24 to really get the pressure on the nerve down, by 48 it should feel normal.

But you MUST complete the course.

chances are there is a route to the root (!) and you should be extra careful and use antiseptic mouth wash twice a day and clean twice a day until you can get to a dentist.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Our dentist phoned yesterday to reschedule our check-ups adding that emergency appointments can be booked buy telephone.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

How far ahead?

Reply to
Andy Burns

5 days. The pain from the tooth is improving but the side of my head feels odd now. It feels too soon for a one-way trip to the knacker's yard :-(
Reply to
nothanks

infection from abscesses can travel up to sinuses or ear channels I think you caught this just in time

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or vice-versa. Sometimes severe sinusitis can masquerade as toothache when the inflammation presses on the nerves to the teeth.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

If the pain hasn't completely gone after 5 days (I hope you are still taking ibuprofen - paracetamol is a waste of time against toothache as it is a poor anti-inflammatory), it might be worth seeing if you can get another 5 days supply of antibiotics. The problem with severe toothache is that the inflammation is inside the tooth, and the swelling has nowhere to go. It not only presses on the nerve so causing pain, but by compressing the blood supply to the tooth inhibits the access of the antibiotic to the infected area.

The odd feeling in the side of your head may be due to residual inflammation there - the irritated nerves in the area might be passing pulses to each other when they normally don't. If it perseveres, it might be worth getting a professional opinion.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

My experience was that paracetamol often works wonders. In some cases it's even an effective replacement for opiates. Helped me when I had severe toothache.

AIUI it acts more on the brain than on local problems.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I read a few suggestions and decided to reply; if a little controversially.

Consider Cloves, or Turmeric as just two things that will get deep enough to make life bad for the nuisance bacteria.

Clove has good penetration power and is a nerve pain soother. (I used the dry seed clusters.)

A lot of research has gone into Turmeric and besides a natural tooth whitener, turmeric has many other benefits. It works at a deep level too and kills off a germ type(I forget name)that is responsible for some loose teeth conditions; stomach upsets, heart and eye conditions. Main stream, off the shelf products can't touch it.

Go Youtube and look for the fixes along with the testimony of others.

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12