OT (very): Raging toothache but no dentist

He can't. That's why I used the word "should".

Reply to
charles

and, I forget to add, that I can't get there anyway.

Reply to
charles

waterpump pliers.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I seem to recall you are supposed to go to casualty and some dentistry departments in hospitals do have the gear for an emergency. Obviously not tried this out however! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Sorry to hear that. I had second cataract done early Jan, and a peg screwed in my jaw done late Feb. The crown to go on the peg, and a crown for the tooth next to it, were scheduled for this month but the dentist phoned up and rescheduled for July. Course he may have to reschedule again but if we get through this business by June then he can restart promptly.

In your case I'd be inclined to badger your dentist and get them to reschedule appointments. After all, they've got nothing else to do.

Reply to
Tim Streater

There should at least be someone to talk to.

We got emergency dentistry turned back on here, just yesterday. And the news article (of course), doesn't tell you *where* the service is located. The regular dentists are all closed.

It can't be the hospital dental surgery, because all elective procedures are canceled. Ours might be a "mobile" clinic. Dental chairs in a tractor trailer.

Our COVID test center is in an ice rink right now.

It's worth giving someone a call, because miracles do happen. You might still get hooked up with a dentist.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

All dentists - NHS and private - have been *instructed* to cease *all* routine dental care - including orthodontics. I can't be bothered to trace whether that has statutory backing but it is promulgated by the FGDP. So I'd be more than surprised if any dentist departed from it in response to a mere badgering.

Reply to
Robin

You?re spending £3500?

Pull the other one.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Are the expensive?

I needed to see a dentist in France a few years back- I broke a tooth.

Total bill, under 25 euro. It wasn?t worth claiming on the insurance.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Of course you were.

Are you related to Mandy Rice Davis?

Reply to
Brian Reay

Try reading what I wrote. My appointments for this month have been rescheduled for July - because my dentist has been *instructed* to cease *all* routine dental care - including orthodontics.

That doesn't stop any dentist making *appointments* for later on the basis that we *might* be out of the woods by then. OTOH, we might not - in which case they can be moved forward again. AISB, that's a good approach - he's just twiddling his thumbs at the minute anyway.

Reply to
Tim Streater

if it gets much worse I was thinking that an SDS chisel might be worth a try

Reply to
nothanks

I had checked - no dental centre in the local hospital

Reply to
nothanks

I did that yesterday. They issued an antibiotic prescription without any checks and said the promised emergency dental centres had not been set-up.

Reply to
nothanks

I am sorry I did not read your post that way.

Reply to
Robin

...where you are. Lest it deters others from asking, there were 50 up and running in England last week, with another 100 or so expected this week.

Reply to
Robin

Thanks Robin, it sounds as if you're "in the know". I've failed to find a website with a list, is there one? (FWIW I'm on the English side of the Welsh Marches). After a particularly painful and sleepless night the Amoxycillin seems to be starting to have a slight effect so I'm hoping this trend continues.

Reply to
nothanks
<snip>

Sadly not. Probably just luckier (or more obsessive) looking for news.

The figures came from the FGDP's update last week: link at end below.

I've not found a complete list of centres - open or planned.

FWLIW the FGDP set out how your dentist /might/ be able to get you referred to an out of area one if justified. See last para. under "Remote prescribing and advice". But I suspect the threshold cd be pretty high given the backlog that's built up.

Robin

You won't get an implant much under 1500GBP. A prime target for DIY? One could try a sawn off concrete screw, especially if you can find titanium ones.

Reply to
Roger Hayter