OT: uneven cooking in microwaves

Do they not sell them over here now then?

And I just looked them up, I thought that Logo was an L for Lada, it appears it's a sailing ship - the speed the cars go at? :-)

What's rubbish?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

On the 11th of this month, they made their first automatic gearbox! From their site: "LADA Vesta - automatic transmission and a new set of equipment"

And last month: "LADA 4x4 - the choice of the police of Mongolia" ROFL! Is that like the "Panda car" we used to have in the UK? Easy to get away from.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I've never known a sailing ship to do over 100. The picture is of a ladya, which the car is named after.

you.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

so not what you just said at all.

Nothing like it. The 4x4 Lada is called the Niva.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

What?

ROTFPMSL! Looks like something made in a garden shed.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

your info is wrong. I've been in 2 going a good bit faster than those figures, a 1.2 & a 1.5. And frankly you only need read your info to see it's blatantly inaccurate.

rubbish snipped

Reply to
tabbypurr

It clearly depends on the year of manufacture. Newer models go faster.

And of course the wind and gravity help. I got a Rover Maestro going at 113, but usually it struggled to get over 90.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But mine aren't large, and not being built-in means I can move them and use them almost anywhere.

I can manage that, if I ever need to, but I've never needed to.

I've never needed to. Even on masterchef I've never seen them need to use a microwave oven.

I don't need to keep that much frozen stuff at any one time, and my fridge is also big enough.

Most cooks use timers of some sort.

I doubt you're doing any research, any more than I do research with my phone 'working' out when the next bus will arrive.

A chief can judge, by feel, sight, temperature, sound, taste and even smell, and they can usually do a lot more than cook too.

No they can't, recipes and techniques are differnt.

Proper chefs don't seem to have the problem(s) you do, I wonder why.

Taste buds work better at warmer temperatures, that's why americans like thier beer very cold because it tastes crap.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Indeed, some things taste revolting when warm and great when cold, like ice cream.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Most ovens aren't exactly portable, even if they're not fitted.

More keen chefs like Rod do.

They're snobs, they think microwaves are the work of the devil.

I go to the supermarket once a MONTH. I scoff at people wasting their time doing it four times more often. Almost everything goes straight into the freezer.

You don't need a £200 timer.

£2.59:

When the next bus will arrive is a trillion times less important than where black holes are and what they do.

You mean one of these?

But they will have different opinions to you as to what is the perfect amount of cooking. If you disagree, just as you might disagree with a microwave, you tell it to cook it a bit longer next time.

The English language is intricate enough to explain what to do to achieve the desired result.

On TV, everything is preheated before the camera starts rolling.

Bullshit, some things taste better cold. Do you heat everything? Ever eaten warm yogurt?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Larger freezers cost more to run and even frozen stuff doesn't last forever. I don't bother freezing bread or milk, which is less than 5 mins walk away if I run out which I rarely do.

Plenty of things in local shops or supermarkets.

Whatever that is suposed to mean.

Reply to
whisky-dave