OT: Thunderbird Reply

I keep getting caught by this. Is there any way of making the Reply button in Thunderbird Newgroups reply to the group instead of the poster? I know there is a Followup button but Reply is just more intuitive so gets used. Removing the reply button would do.
Andrew May wrote:

I presume there's a magic flag somewhere in the "about:config" data that controls this, mine works so that reply does what followup does, I think it depends on the age of your profile, if installed after version 15(?) it acts different.
There must be a way to alter it, but I don't know what that is, as I've never needed to alter it ...

You can edit the top toolbar and the toolbar in the message pane (if you have one).
On 30/08/2017 13:44, Andy Burns wrote:

Thanks. Right-click on the toolbar and get rid of the Reply button - never use it anyway. That should do it.
On 30/08/17 13:17, Andrew May wrote:

You can remove the reply button by configuration

On 30/08/2017 13:17, Andrew May wrote:

Removing the button should be easy - right click on the button bar in the message pane, and choose customise. Then drag it from the bar into the pallet of "parked" buttons.
Alternatively, just use the reply button on the main button bar on the main window. That seems to default to followup (at least on my config)
--
Cheers,

John.
John Rumm wrote:

That may be why mine 'works' then, I deleted the all icons from the toolbar in the message pane as soon as it appeared ...
On 30/08/2017 15:41, John Rumm wrote:

That works for me thank you.
--
Michael Chare

Maybe there is a keyboard short cut for it and then you don't need to touch the mouse? Brian
--
----- -
On 30/08/2017 13:17, Andrew May wrote:

Right click on the message header in the folder pane and select "Reply to List".
--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field
On 30/08/17 22:09, Old Codger wrote:

Er... Right click on the *message body* in the folder pane and select "Reply to List".

< funny old world >
With "Outook Express", which we morons are constantly being reminded we only use because it was the default Newsreader supplied along with Internet Explorer, we open a message, select View on the Menu Bar, select Toolbars from the Dropdown, and then click on customize. This then opens a dialogue which allows us to add, remove or move any buttons on the toolbar as we wish. But then what with us all being such morons, making OE so easy to use was the least Bill and Steve could have done for us.
< /funny old world >
michael adams
On 30/08/2017 22:40, michael adams wrote:

Is indeed a funny old world since in Thunderbird we open a message, right click close to the offending "Reply/Follow up/forward/archive" buttons, click customise. This allows us to remove any of the buttons currently shown or add a few more.
Like a lot of things in life it is oh so easy when you know the answer
--
Chris B (News)