OT They must work hard:-)

334 staff doing four million home visits a year.
Reply to
ARW

Can the services of the BBC be cut off for daily mail readers?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I got a visit once.

The lady was very apologetic when she realised she'd knocked on the wrong front door and it was my neighbour who didn't have a licence.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

En el artículo , Adrian Caspersz escribió:

s/"services of the BBC"/oxygen/

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

32+ each and every one of the 365 days of the year???

I divided by 200 and thus got a figure nearly twice that

given that their round for the day is unlikely to be all in the same street or even town, visiting 60 houses in one day is some going - 8 minutes each including travelling between them, just for someone to shut the door in your face

what a job!

tim

Reply to
tim...

I thought they had decrimnalised it by now? Gone are the days of the detector vans though. I did enjoy playing with on in my street all those years ago. Not a precise art of course but I'd imagine with all the dross modern gear shoves out, impossible to use nowadays. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't think there ever were detector vans, they were just called that to scare people.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr