OT - The Work Van

White face, black shirt, white socks, black shoes. Black hair, white Strat, bled white, died black.

Reply to
mark.bluemel

Wrong. That use is taxable.

Reply to
Huge
[27 lines snipped]

And astonished at the display of common sense by HMRC.

Reply to
Huge

It's a PITA round here - given the driver will likely also own a car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My heart bleeds. And if the guy was self employed and needed a large van for work?

Reply to
ARW

Are you a one car owner?

Reply to
ARW

It was the uproar of employers who had their staff on call and various other pressure groups.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Can you cite, where the van is also used at/for work?

Reply to
Fredxxx

In message , Tim Watts writes

Here it's the M&S food store that advised staff to "find a nice quiet road to park" when it opened. That and the financial adviser that's taken over the whole row of accommodation above some local shops, so we sometimes get the Aston Martin outside.

Reply to
Bill

We just got the brothel staff. But not the customers.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bulk condoms at a knocking-shop-down price?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Penicillin?

Reply to
S Viemeister

Depending on the type of brothel, perhaps the staff had better cars than the customers.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I believe the invention of aluminium and iron oxide dust put paid to that s ort of behaviour decades ago. I believe the product is called FeallUminimiu m.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

And couldn't afford to park in the local car park overnight, you mean? A short, sharp, "get up earlier in the morning you f***er" call would work wonders, I am sure

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Well, the staff did have good cars. The customers parked too far away to tell.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Would it also be OK if he was a self employed truck driver and brought the artic home every night?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He could probably park it in a smaller space than the next door neighbour can manage to park her Micra - and still leave more room than she does for other road users to pass:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARW

My daughter was designated driver for a hen party and trying to put the hired minibus into space. There was resulting traffic holdup. The driver of a large lorry got out and came over "Would you like me to park that for you, love?" Needless to say he put it straight into slot.

Reply to
charles

All things are possible - it may well have been something like that :-)

Reply to
Bob Henson