OT: telewest broadband compatible with virgin media?

I'm in a new house, to me anyway, there are a couple of telewest broadband terminal boxes. Does anyone know if these could be compatible with virgin media, as i like the idea of re-using what's there?

(Yes i will phone up virgin, soon as i can get my phone to work ...)

Thanks

Reply to
jajaja393939

VM are the only cable people left in the UK, having taken over everybody else - including TW.

Reply to
Adrian

We had to have a new cable modem a while back - I think the old one might have worked but would not have been able to support the current speeds.

However it would absolutely depend on whether Virgin would connect it. Given the combination of their need to support the device and so on, I doubt they would.

Reply to
polygonum

Well its just a previous incarnation of the same company of course, but it depends on how long they have been there if they ar eup to date. I would imagine all of that will be sorted out during installation in any case. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

True but as a result there are odd bits of legacy equipment around the place so might not be fully compatible however a call to VM stating your new phone number should get it sorted. IME they are pretty quick to get you up and running.

Reply to
Bob Minchin